Welcome to matrix_stills, an icon contest for non animated icons from the Matrix and sequels.
Current moderator: kalinda_99
Previous mod: dontlickit
At this time I can still manage doing all of this on my own. Should I ever need a co-mod or a banner maker, the members of this community will be the first to know.
The General idea
Each week I'll provide one or more screencaps for you to use. This can vary each challenge from one screencap to two (or more), some bases, a quote, lyric and so on. Then members will make an icon for that challenge and people will vote on them. Since all submissions are done through comments, I'm the only one that needs to have posting access. So don't ask me for posting access, you won't get it.
Credit for this concept goes to quebelly with the original community buffy_stillness.
1. Your submissions cannot be animated! (It's kind of the point of the entire contest)
2. Your submissions must remain anonymous. This means you cannot use your icon or post it anywhere untill the voting period is over and the winners announced.
3. No telling your friends to vote for you. It breaks rule #2 and it's not fair to the people who follow the rules.
4. No voting for yourself. It's just lame.
5. Make sure your submission fits LJ's size standards (100x100, .jpg/.png/.gif, 40K max.)
6. Please don't take any of the contest icons without the creator's permission. If you want to use an icon that didn't place at the end of a challenge, ask the mod who will then tell you who made the icon and you can go and ask the creator.
1. At the beginning of each contest I will make a post where you can reply with your submission. Comments will be screened so the only people who can see your submission are you and me.
2. You will need a host that allows remote linking. Geocities/angelfire/tripod won't work. However, photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com) is a decent free image host that allows remote linking. Many icon makers use it.
3. You will post your icon in the appropriate post, and when voting time comes around, I will post them.
4. When posting an icon, please post them in the format as shown below:
1. Challenges are posted each Sunday evening, shortly after the winners of the foregoing challenge are announced.
2. Submission deadline is Friday night at 11:00pm GMT Time zone. The icons will be up to vote from then on till Sunday night 10:00pm GMT.
3. Winners will be announced and the new blank selection will be posted Sunday night.
1. You don't have to be a member of the community to vote.
2. Anonymous votes will not be counted.
3. Please vote for you choice for first, second, and third place.
4. The honorable mention award is given to an icon of my choosing. Basically it's just an icon I thought was nifty but was over looked in the voting.
5. I, the moderator, am allowed to participate in the contest, as it is anonymous, but will not be eligible for honorable mention.
Members are free to suggest caps/bases (etc.) for the use of this challenge. One can do so by leaving a comment to this post.
johncon_stills. wes_stillness. faith_stillness. gyllenstills. orli_stillness. cordy_stillness. tara_stillness. lilah_stillness. lotrstillness. sark_stillness. p3_stillness. xfile_stillness. viggo_stills. starwars_stills. drew_stillness. maura_stillness. zach_stillness. karl_stillness. bean_stillness. alyssa_stills. sandra_stills. zeppo_stillness. greg_stillness. dawn_stillness. ci_stillness. celeb_istills. jess_istillness
mod_stillness, where the mods hang out.
ats_hush. abc_icons. icon_alphabet. ultimate_lims. lotr_sw_hp_art. hpquoteicontest. good_cropping. icons100. vowel_icons. scifi100. purr_pleh. aimtomisbehave. good_ff_icons. elite_three. silver_icontest. rome_icontest. coutureicontest
If you'd like to be a sister community/affiliate, just leave a comment somewhere in this comm., but make sure it's in a recent post so that it will end up with the right person as this community has switched mods.